If You Have Passion and Energy for Making a Difference in Peoples’ Lives, We Have a Fun and Fulfilling Career Just for You!
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in a fitness trainer so we can get started!
So let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position.
My name is Mikki Reilly and I run a company called Fitness Transform which is located at 1213 State Street Suite K in downtown Santa Barbara.
Fitness Transform: Why We do What We Do
Fitness Transform is dedicated to restoring modern bodies to the amazing condition of our Paleolithic ancestors by mimicking the diet and movement patterns of earth’s earliest inhabitants. We believe that everyone has a birthright to be lean, fit and pain-free at any age, just as our ancestors were, and we can restore our body to the highest level of health and fitness when we know how.
Our Core Values Are:
- Personal Responsibility – Take Responsibility for Your Actions and Results
- Honesty and Integrity – Deliver Results with the Highest Integrity
- Commitment to Excellence – Exceed Expectations
- Never Stop Learning
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person, who is career-minded, to join our team. You must resonate with why we do what we do. We are looking for team members to join our cause and to be a part of something greater than just themselves.
We are NOT looking for someone who wants to work here for a few months to get a little experience. We are looking for an “A” player, someone who has made a commitment to excellence and who can make a commitment to our team.
We offer one-on-one, semi-private and small group fitness programs to educate, motivate, and support men and women of all ages to improve their health and fitness. All clients begin with a minimum three month training program which includes: nutrition counseling, exercise program design, advice on nutritional supplements, quarterly fitness assessments and regular training sessions at Fitness Transform Studio.
If you are selected, you’ll begin our three month probation period. If you meet our expectations, you will be become a trainer in our boutique fitness studio.
Tasks You’ll Be Expected To Perform
- Implement Fitness Programs For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness training system.
- Coach Clients Through a 3 Month Program: You’ll be responsible for regular exercise sessions and keeping detailed progress reports on clients. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate client to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching instruction, which includes the ability to demonstrate and teach all movements during a client training session. You should also have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc).
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives, forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, and will be expected to study them and speak about them with clients.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good Communication Skills: You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing, know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions.
- People skills and personality: You must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and Fitness Education: You do not need to have personal training experience, but you should have some experience with strength training, Pavel’s method of kettlebell training, and, most importantly, the ability to quickly grasp the concepts I will teach you.
- National Certification: You do need a national certificate so that you have a general understanding of the skills required to be a fitness trainer.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Kinesiology /Exercise Science degree
- CPR certification
- RKC or Strongfirst certification
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person. So if this job sounds good to you, provide your contact information, answer the questions, and send with your resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
City, State, Zip:
- Tell me a little about your background.
- What interests you most about this position?
- What makes you a good fit for Fitness Transform?
- What experience, education, and/or certifications do you have?
- What interpersonal (i.e. people) skills you possess that make you an exceptional coach?
- What makes you stand out above all other applicants for this position?
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Owner, Fitness Transform
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. This has GOT to be a passion for you! I want nothing more than to find a person who finds real meaning in changing peoples’ lives.
As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned and a true passion for changing lives, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!